With the unexpected worldwide pandemic, came 180-degree changes in our everyday lives and global trends. But which of them are here to stay? We asked our friend Edgars Petersons, the partner and strategic mind at the WKND creative agency, to share his predictions on the matter.
How will The New Normal look like? Let’s find out.
Enjoyable experiences at home
During self-isolation, we most probably rediscovered our own home more – we cleaned, we decorated and got creative with setups to enjoy out-of-home experiences in the comfort of our own kitchen (so, this is my restaurant), desk (aaand here’s my office), sofa (let’s go to the movies) or bathroom (need some me time at my private SPA resort).
When it comes to the application of technology, we have all progressed 10 years in 4 weeks. Working or learning remotely is here to stay for many of us. Less commuting, more quality-time, and reduced CO2 emissions are just some of the benefits of the digitalised life.
Medical professionals have stated that during the lockdown, the demand for remote medical consultations has increased. Hospitals and other institutions have adopted online consultation policies.
Online shopping experiences have become more inspiring and entertaining than ever. We also have something for you!
Chat with a professional beauty therapist via WhatsApp
Or simply surprise your friends with our Cosmic Drops INSTAGRAM filters
More health conscious
Health and immunity are amongst the most searched keywords since February 2020. For some of us, the worldwide lockdown gave plenty of free time, which many used to focus on fitness, healthy eating and lifestyle habits. Thinking more about your daily choices is a great way to contribute to your health and wellbeing. Don’t feel guilty if you can’t change everything at once (who can?) – we all start with baby steps, right? Drink that extra glass of water, walk that extra mile or examine your moisturiser label to see if you can switch to something more natural, health-conscious and eco-friendly.
Hygiene habits have changed changed for good
It is estimated that COVID-19 will push significant behavioural change when it comes to personal hygiene. Frequent hand washing and always keeping a sanitiser close by is not going anywhere. Scientists estimate that social behaviour such as shaking hands or kissing (oh, no!) may fade and that people will keep on practicing social distancing to some extent.
Although we do hope that they are wrong about kissing, who knows, maybe the 2-metre distance in shops will remain the silent rule for good. Remember to keep yourself safe at all times. Check out our dedicated range of hand cleansers and hygiene essentials and always have a good sanitiser at hand.
Opening up about mental health issues and self-care
This time has been an extreme challenge for all of us, and it’s good to see and hear people opening up about mental health issues a lot more. We are all looking for things and little rituals that make us feel better during these turbulent times. Be it yoga, meditation, jogging, music, good books, sounds of nature, trees or plants – find your self-care essentials that give you strength and joy, helping to overcome those little daily worries.
Sadly, we have also had to face the fact that for some, mental and psychological issues led to the home being an unsafe environment– the reported domestic violence cases during the COVID-19 pandemic have almost doubled. This is something we all should recognise, call by its name and do what we can to help people escape toxic relationships and devastating life patterns. Every year, MÁDARA donates to the NGO MARTA, which grants financial, legal and psychological support to victims of domestic violence and human trafficking – mostly women and children.
Consuming with consciousness
During this time, we had a moment to re-evaluate what the most important things are in our lives. Re-prioritising values leads to more thought-out and value-driven choices – greener, cleaner, safer and more sustainable for both your own health and the health of the environment. Ethical and community-support values are also in the spotlight, as we have realised that we do in fact all share one planet.
Read about how MÁDARA contributes to conscious consumption in our latest
Green shaming and flight shaming are at the peak, but don’t freak out – we truly believe that even small steps count. See what you can do, and do it at your pace. Some companies have already made an impact in a creative way. For example, a fintech company in Sweden has issued credit cards which count the amount of each user’s CO2 footprint, and if the limit has been reached, the user is no longer allowed to use the card. Ouch!
WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small text files, which are embedded in on your computer’s hard drive through your browser. They are often used as a mechanism for websites to memorize useful information, such as your login information, and to facilitate convenience of surfing through the website. Our cookies cannot identify you personally.
HOW DO WE USE THE COOKIES
Several types of cookies are used on the website for various purposes:
• Essential cookies: The cookies are used to ensure operation of the Website, inter alia, to allow you to use our services and to connect to your account. These cookies are used based on our legitimate interest to ensure operation of the Website and provide services to you. The essential cookies are stored until you close your browser, i.e., until the end of the session. • Analytical/performance cookies: The cookies allow us to recognize and quantify the number of visitors of the Website and see how these visitors navigate the Website. The legal grounds for use of these cookies are our legitimate interest to improve performance of our Website, for example, by ensuring a search option. The analytical/performance cookies are stored on your device permanently. • Functional cookies: The cookies allow the Website to remember the settings you selected and your preferences that facilitate more convenient use of the Website, for example, if you wish to remain logged in on the Website. These cookies are used based on our legitimate interest to ensure, improve and make the use of the Website more convenient. The functional cookies are stored on your device permanently. • Targeting/advertising cookies: The cookies are used to record your visit to the Website, the websites and links you have used, for the purpose to offer and render our or our business partners’ products and services according to your interests. These cookies are used based on your consent. By visiting the Website and using the services provided by us you agree that the targeting/advertising cookies are used. The targeting/advertising cookies will be stored until you delete cookies from your browser.
The cookies are processed and received by us and our business partners who ensure operation of the Website, compile and analyse your activities on the Website. Cookie information is not transferred outside the European Union and EEA.
HOW TO RESTRICT AND ERASE COOKIES
If you wish to restrict, block or erase the cookies, such option is ensured upon changing settings of the browser you use. You cannot opt-out of use of the essential and functional cookies, because without them it is not possible to ensure the functionality of the Website. You cannot opt-out of use of the analytical cookies either because they are necessary for us to improve the performance of the Website.
We use the services of Google Analytics. You can opt-out from the use thereof by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on tool.
For further information about cookies and inquiries as to how to manage them please read here www.aboutcookies.org.
MADARA COSMETICS, AS ZELTIŅU IELA 131, MARUPE, LV-2167, LATVIJA.
By agreeing to receive commercial notices, you confirm that you are informed that:
1. AS Madara Cosmetics processes your personal data, which you have entered in the registration form, including your geographical location and purchase history for the purpose of offering you the most suitable services and products;
2. In order to send commercial notices various types of profiling is performed, taking into account the information you have provided for the purpose to establish what kind of a commercial notice would be most suitable for you;
3. Your personal data will be processed by us and our business partners, who provide IT structures, email and SMS platforms;
4. You have a right to make rectifications of the entered personal data or revoke your consent to receive the commercial notices at any time;
5. AS Madara Cosmetics will cease sending commercial notices as soon as your request is processed (please note that processing of the request depends on technological capacities to act on your request, which may take up to five days);
6. Your personal data will be processed until you revoke your consent, or, in certain cases, until the necessity to retain evidence of the received consent expires.
Upon registering you confirm that you are informed that:
1. The data you provide will be processed for the following purposes: 1.1. to create and maintain your account in order to conclude a Distance agreement with AS Madara Cosmetics and obtain other related services, including notifications related to the performance of the Distance agreement; 1.2. to compile and retain your purchase history, inter alia, in order to improve the services and products we provide; 1.3. to retain evidence of the concluded Distance agreement;
2. Your personal data will be processed by us and our business partners, who provide delivery services, IT structures, and payment platforms;
3. You have a right to make rectifications to the entered personal data or request deletion of your account at any time;
4. Your personal data will be processed until you delete your account, or the storage period set out by the laws expires, or statute of limitations for bringing an action in court lapses;
5. Failing to provide all information specified in the registration form will prevent you from creating the account and concluding the Distance agreement through it.
Upon registration, you confirm that the entered personal data is true and accurate.
You must be registered to comment Sign in or Sign up