What’s the no. 1 rule of an effective skincare routine? Never underrate the power of hydration. It might sound almost too obvious, but it really is the sine qua non of a healthy and beautiful complexion. Human skin contains approximately 64% water, so it’s no wonder that skin dehydration can hinder you from enjoying a radiant, supple and youthful complexion. How to prevent and treat skin dehydration effectively?
Skin dehydration & dry skin — so similar and yet so different
Your complexion is dull, taut, flaky and itchy? Yes, skin dehydration can feel just like dry skin, but contrary to it, it is not a skin type, so don’t mistake it with having dry skin. Everyone can suffer from skin dehydration, including people with oily complexion.
Dry skin is short of lipids, but dehydrated complexion is different because it lacks water so reaching for oily products, which are focused on nourishing, won’t do the trick. To rehydrate your skin, try out the oil-free, organic certified formula of MÁDARA SOS Hydra Intense Rose Jelly. It has been designed to balance, calm and moisture dehydrated, stressed and problem-prone skin.
The connection between skin dehydration and premature ageing
Dehydrated skin is less firm and more prone to forming deeper fine lines and wrinkles. Restoring optimal levels of skin moisture can visibly reduce facial wrinkles and prevent premature ageing. Reach for SOS Eye Revive Hydra Eye Cream & Mask to give some love to the delicate and especially prone to ageing eye contour area.
How to counteract the main culprits of skin dehydration?
Skin dehydration can be experienced by anyone. Stress, poor eating habits, insufficient water intake, environmental pollution, sun exposure, weather, ageing… What you can do is to introduce some lifestyle changes such as drinking more water, eating a healthy diet full of water-rich fruits and veggies, using sun protection and utilising other ways of protecting your skin from the negative effects of different stressors.
If you have dehydrated or dry skin, what your complexion needs are products that increase the hydration of your skin and at the same time decrease transepidermal water loss. So besides different lifestyle upgrades, remember to adjust your skincare routine by including deeply moisturising products like moisture-locking and antioxidant-rich SOS Hydra Repair Intensive Serum and award-winning SOS Hydra Recharge Cream. If your skin is extremely dry and reactive, you may want to try the rich formula of SOS Rich Hydra-Barrier CICA Cream, which reinforces the skin barrier and offers a non-greasy protective layer.
What’s the link between skin dehydration and microbiome imbalances?
Skin microbiome is much more than just a popular buzzword. Its imbalances (dysbiosis) have been associated with various skin conditions. Besides causing skin dehydration, skin microbiome imbalances can lead to irritation and even issues like eczema and allergies.
Surprisingly, poor condition of your skin microbiome can also trigger acne. That’s why gentle cleansing is so important. Always remember to use products that do not strip the skin’s natural moisture barrier. This way you’ll avoid causing increased sebum production and clogged pores, which often lead to the appearance of blemishes.
Probiotics, like Lactobacillus lysate found in SOS Hydra Intense Rose Jelly, have the power to rebalance skin’s microbiome and strengthen its protective layer, leaving your skin stronger and better equipped to face all the challenges that come its way.
WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small text files, which are embedded in on your computer’s hard drive through your browser. They are often used as a mechanism for websites to memorize useful information, such as your login information, and to facilitate convenience of surfing through the website. Our cookies cannot identify you personally.
HOW DO WE USE THE COOKIES
Several types of cookies are used on the website for various purposes:
• Essential cookies: The cookies are used to ensure operation of the Website, inter alia, to allow you to use our services and to connect to your account. These cookies are used based on our legitimate interest to ensure operation of the Website and provide services to you. The essential cookies are stored until you close your browser, i.e., until the end of the session. • Analytical/performance cookies: The cookies allow us to recognize and quantify the number of visitors of the Website and see how these visitors navigate the Website. The legal grounds for use of these cookies are our legitimate interest to improve performance of our Website, for example, by ensuring a search option. The analytical/performance cookies are stored on your device permanently. • Functional cookies: The cookies allow the Website to remember the settings you selected and your preferences that facilitate more convenient use of the Website, for example, if you wish to remain logged in on the Website. These cookies are used based on our legitimate interest to ensure, improve and make the use of the Website more convenient. The functional cookies are stored on your device permanently. • Targeting/advertising cookies: The cookies are used to record your visit to the Website, the websites and links you have used, for the purpose to offer and render our or our business partners’ products and services according to your interests. These cookies are used based on your consent. By visiting the Website and using the services provided by us you agree that the targeting/advertising cookies are used. The targeting/advertising cookies will be stored until you delete cookies from your browser.
The cookies are processed and received by us and our business partners who ensure operation of the Website, compile and analyse your activities on the Website. Cookie information is not transferred outside the European Union and EEA.
HOW TO RESTRICT AND ERASE COOKIES
If you wish to restrict, block or erase the cookies, such option is ensured upon changing settings of the browser you use. You cannot opt-out of use of the essential and functional cookies, because without them it is not possible to ensure the functionality of the Website. You cannot opt-out of use of the analytical cookies either because they are necessary for us to improve the performance of the Website.
We use the services of Google Analytics. You can opt-out from the use thereof by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on tool.
For further information about cookies and inquiries as to how to manage them please read here www.aboutcookies.org.
MADARA COSMETICS, AS ZELTIŅU IELA 131, MARUPE, LV-2167, LATVIJA.
By agreeing to receive commercial notices, you confirm that you are informed that:
1. AS Madara Cosmetics processes your personal data, which you have entered in the registration form, including your geographical location and purchase history for the purpose of offering you the most suitable services and products;
2. In order to send commercial notices various types of profiling is performed, taking into account the information you have provided for the purpose to establish what kind of a commercial notice would be most suitable for you;
3. Your personal data will be processed by us and our business partners, who provide IT structures, email and SMS platforms;
4. You have a right to make rectifications of the entered personal data or revoke your consent to receive the commercial notices at any time;
5. AS Madara Cosmetics will cease sending commercial notices as soon as your request is processed (please note that processing of the request depends on technological capacities to act on your request, which may take up to five days);
6. Your personal data will be processed until you revoke your consent, or, in certain cases, until the necessity to retain evidence of the received consent expires.
Upon registering you confirm that you are informed that:
1. The data you provide will be processed for the following purposes: 1.1. to create and maintain your account in order to conclude a Distance agreement with AS Madara Cosmetics and obtain other related services, including notifications related to the performance of the Distance agreement; 1.2. to compile and retain your purchase history, inter alia, in order to improve the services and products we provide; 1.3. to retain evidence of the concluded Distance agreement;
2. Your personal data will be processed by us and our business partners, who provide delivery services, IT structures, and payment platforms;
3. You have a right to make rectifications to the entered personal data or request deletion of your account at any time;
4. Your personal data will be processed until you delete your account, or the storage period set out by the laws expires, or statute of limitations for bringing an action in court lapses;
5. Failing to provide all information specified in the registration form will prevent you from creating the account and concluding the Distance agreement through it.
Upon registration, you confirm that the entered personal data is true and accurate.
You must be registered to comment Sign in or Sign up